Synopsis for Course on Research Methodology
Research is an integral part of advancement in Medical and Health Sciences. Nations which excelled in medical and health research typically become leaders in these fields. Hence history has seen the evolution of various nations as leaders in sciences beginning with the Greek, Arab/ Muslim, Latin and relatively recently the English speaking world.
The second half of the last century saw an explosion of discoveries in Medical and Health Sciences which has benefited mankind in a substantial way. More is to be discovered and invented and as such the future of research is never more exciting. The last few decades of last Century saw research activities in the Eastern world escalating exponentially. This is partly due to commitment from governments which has attracted post graduate research students to the ASEAN region including Malaysia.
These students come from varying backgrounds with variable prior research exposures. Many are ill - equipped and struggled to kick start their research programmed. It is imperative that research students be better prepared before embarking on their formal research projects. A good understanding of basic ethical and scientific principles is needed for a research project (especially towards a higher degree) to start on the right footing.
The course content will enable the candidate to understand the research processes from the historical perspective to implementation of ethical and scientific research processes and application. This course will prepare the candidate to excel in their research endeavor and will expedite the attainment of excellence in research activities.
GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE IN MEDICAL RESEARCH ( 1 DAY )
- Rationale for Good Clinical Practice ( GCP )
- Principles of Good Clinical Practice
- International Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
- International Conference of Harmonisation in GCP
ESSENTIAL OF GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE IN MEDICAL RESEARCH
- Role of Ethics Committee and Institutional Review Board
- Role of Investigators / Role of Sponsors
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Role of Monitors and Auditors
- Essential Documents in Clinical Research
- Adverse Event and Serious Adverse Events
- Role of Regulatory Authorities
- Islamic Perspectives of GCP Guideline
SCIENTIFIC ASPECTS OF ETHICAL RESEARCH ( 1 DAY )
- Relationship between Ethics and Science
- Designing a research proposal
- Basic statistical Concepts
- Grant application – the do's and dont's
- Scientific Writing
CRITICAL THINKING 7 EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE OF RESEARCH FINDINGS ( 2 DAYS )
- Introduction to Critical Thinking /Critical Thinking in Research / Critical Thinking in Health Care
- Evidence Based Medicine , concepts and Application
- Ethical Relationship Between Medical Fraternity and Pharmaceutical Industries
THE HELSINKI DECLARATION & HISTORICAL PRESPECTIVE ( 1 DAY )
- Definition of Ethics/Ethics throughout the Ages
- Universal and Localized Ethics/Need for Ethics in Research / Ethical Principles and Guidelines
- The Helsinki Declaration: Ethics Involving Biomedical Research g/ Clinical Research with Therapeutic Care
ESSENTIAL SCIENTIFIC ENGLISH FOR RESEARCH ( 3 DAY )
MIGHTY Education Sdn Bhd
Lot A 4.1 & Lot A 4.2,
Grand Seasons Hotel, Tingkat 10A
No 72 Jalan Pahang, 53000
Tel: +03 4051 2332 / 2442 /2552
Fax: +03 4051 2662
© MIGHTY College 2014. All Rights Reserved.