Membership Of The Faculty Of Dental Surgery (MFDS)
Primary Medical Qualification
That is acceptable to the Councils of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Paper 1 consists of multiple short answer questions (SAQs).
- 2 written papers, each of 3 hrs duration:
-Paper 2 consists of multiple choice questions (single best answer SBA) and extended matching questions (EMQs).
12: 15 Stations / 2hrs duration.
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- History taking
- Clinical examination skills
- Awareness of Further investigations and discussion on management planning
Available In Malaysia
- Patient examination and diagnosis
- History taking.(Dental History & Medical history)
- Clinical Examination (Skull and jaws, Oral cavity).
- Special investigations in relation to dentistry (Radiology and other imaging techniques, Pathology and
histopathology,Microbiology, Immunology, Haematology & Biochemistry).
- Treatment planning and patient management.
- Consent, Preventive management, Treatment options & Prognoses, outcomes and follow-up.
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Concepts of prevention of oral and dental disease.
- Risk factors for oral and dental disease.
- Epidemiology of dental and oral disease.
- Patient and population level health management.
- Applied pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Medical and dental emergencies
- Dentofacial trauma.
- Circulatory collapse.
- Life support.
- Drug interactions.
1. Professionalism and ethics
- Anaesthesia, sedation, pain and anxiety control.
- Periodontal therapy and management of soft tissues.
- Surgical and non-surgical management of the hard and soft tissues of the head and neck.
- The developing dentition e.g Development of the face, palate and tongue, Oral habits, Interceptive orthodontic treatment, Removable appliance therapy, Orthodontic Indices and Malocclusion.
- Restoration and replacement of teeth
- Explanation of treatment options and procedures
- Motivation of patients to change oral health
- Communication of bad news
- Management of difficult situations
- Management of patients with special needs
2. Management and Leadership
- Ethical and medico-legal aspects of dentistry
- Professional knowledge (Basic statistical concepts, Concepts in evidence-based dentistry, Principles of
trial design and analysis, Evaluation of research findings
- Standards of personal conduct
- Management of complaints
- Effective and ethical decision making
- Health and Safety issues (Infection control)
- Use of guidelines
- Record keeping
- Risk assessment
- Use of research data and evidence-based knowledge
- Principles of health and safety and infection control
- Safety issues in dental radiography
- written confirmation of a pass in Part 1 Or, other accepted examinations.
- Completion of 12 months? full-time postgraduate experience in clinical dentistry before the closing date for entry to Part 2.
MIGHTY Education Sdn Bhd
Lot A 4.1 & Lot A 4.2,
Grand Seasons Hotel, Tingkat 10A
No 72 Jalan Pahang, 53000
Tel: +03 4051 2332 / 2442 /2552
Fax: +03 4051 2662
© MIGHTY College 2014. All Rights Reserved.