Australian Dental Council's Exam (ADC)
Step 3: Preliminary (written) examination
Step 4: Final (clinical) examination
- Initial assessment
- English language test
- 2 Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) papers and a Short Answer Question (SAQ) paper.
- Held over 6 successive days.
- Includes the principal clinical disciplines grouped into three sections:
Clinical Dentistry 1 (CD1) Operative Dentistry
- including Endodontics
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- Paediatric Dentistry
Clinical Dentistry 2 (CD2) Periodontics
- Removable Prosthodontics
- Treatment planning
Clinical Dentistry 3 (CD3) Oral Surgery
- Oral Diagnosis
- Oral Radiology and Radiography
- Infection Control
Aspects of other clinical disciplines such as Orthodontics, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Pharmacology and Preventive Dentistry may also be included within the sections.
Each section may comprise a number of assessment tasks, Written, Clinical, Oral/Viva relating to the various components.
Tasks may include:
- Assessment of patients who have periodontal disease and/or require preventive, conservative or prosthetic treatment.
- Taking intra-oral radiographs on a patient or manikin
- Procedure on an adult patient or surgical manikin involving anaesthetising and extracting one or more teeth.
Available In Malaysia
- It is designed to test the clinical competence of the candidate in terms of dental knowledge, clinical skills and professional attitudes for the safe and effective clinical practice of dentistry in the Australian community.
- Candidates will be examined at the level of newly qualified graduates of Australian dental schools who are eligible for registration in Australia.
- It is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of the science and practice of dentistry and of clinical and technical procedures relevant to dental practice.
- Passing Preliminary Exam.
ADC - Australian Dental Council's Examinations:
There are four steps in the Australian Dental Council's (ADC's) assessment and examination pathway for dentists.
Step 1. Initial Assessment
- One certified color passport-size photographs of you for the purpose of identification.
- Certified copy of current passport - relevant pages.
- Certified copy of Primary Dental Qualification “Bachelor of Dental Surgery”.
- Certified copy of an official transcript of your primary dentistry education
- Certified copy of evidence of internship where applicable.
- Certified copy of First & current registration license.
- Certificate of Good Standing to be forwarded DIRECTLY to the Australian Dental Council. Applicant cannot submit.
- Certified copy of official work statement 'Experience Certificate'.
- Original 2 recent (dated) written professional references 'Recommendation Letters'
- Completed application Form (Download Here!)
- Fees :
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic module, with a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- Occupational English Test (OET) with grades of A or B in each of the four sub-tests (listening, reading, writing and speaking).
Step 2. English language test
© MIGHTY College 2015. All Rights Reserved.
MIGHTY Education Sdn Bhd
Lot A 4.1 & Lot A 4.2, Tingkat 10A
No 72 Jalan Pahang, 53000
Tel: +03 4051 2332 / 2442 /2552
Fax: +03 4051 2662